How to make:-
OILFREE, HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS SOUTH INDIAN PUTTU
2 Cup Rice Flour
Salt ( as per requirement)
1cup Grated coconut
water (as per requirement)
- Heat a pan or kadai, add rice flour and make it fry up to 3 min in low flame.
- take a rice flour in a bowl add salt and sprinkle water all over the rice flour.
- Mix very well to get soft puttu.
- Put the mix rice flour into the puttu machine and add grated coconut .
- finally cook on steam for 5-6 min.
- Now our puttu is cooked and it is ready to taste.
- you can eat puttu with banana or gravies like( chicken curry, fish curry)
- If you don’t have puttu machine then you can also use bamboo ( bamboo is one of the traditionally used cookware)
- The amount of rice flour to water ratio is important, to make a prefect puttu.