How to make:-
Soft and easy home made Dhokla
2 cup Gram flour
1/2 tsp. Turmeric powder
Salt (as per requirement)
Sugar (as per requirement)
1 pack of Eno
2 tsp of vegetable oil
curry leaves ( as per requirement)
1tsp. lemon juice
1tsp Mustard seeds
Water (as per requirement)
- In a bowl add gram flour, sugar, salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice then add water and mix well.
- keep the mixture separately for 15-20 min.
- After 20 min add Eno and mix well.
- Take tray (steel or aluminium) and brush the tray with oil then add mixture to the greased tray
- Take a cooker add 2 cup water on cooker and add tray stand under cooker remove the cooker whistle .
- Place the tray in the cooker and cover it, cook for 25-30 min on low flame.
- After 25-30 min check with the help of fork, if the fork comes out clean that means dhokla is cooked.
- Allow dhokla to cool, then cut the dhokla in small square piece and leave dhokla for 10 min
- Heat the pan add 2 tsp oil then add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Cook till they are little brown then pour this fry leaves and seeds over the Dhokla .
- Now our Dhokla is ready to taste.
- you can eat with ketchup or chutney.
- If you don’t have cooker you can also use kadai
- If you don’t have curry leaves then you can use coriander leaves.
- you have to mix very well for soft dhokla.